An Insight into Different Types of Coffee Makers Machines

Why endure a cafe queue every morning when you can make your own barista-quality coffee in your own kitchen? Below is a guide on the types of coffee makers and machines available, and some tips on choosing the right one for your needs. Whether you prefer a strong espresso, a milky latte, or something between, you will find it easy to buy the right coffee maker machine online.

Drip Coffee Makers
Drip coffee machines are standard dispensers. They are relatively affordable, easy to use, and reliable, which is why you will see them in most homes. Available in different sizes, drip coffee makers can make anywhere from 1 to as many as 12 cups of coffee at once. Most models are programmable and fully automatic so that you can set it up in advance.

Some models even have strength adjuster as well as coffee grinder features. If you don’t like the idea of constantly having to buy coffee filters for this coffee maker, you can choose a model with a reusable filter.

Espresso Coffee Machines
These dispensers are engineered specifically for making espresso—the bold coffee drink made popular in Italy in the 1800’s. It’s a good machine to have if you like your espresso straight up or if you want to make it a base for a variety of fancier coffee drinks. Choose a model that works with both dark and light roasts. A dual spout is also handy as it lets you make two separate shots or one double shot at the same time.

Single Cup Coffee Makers
These coffee machines are perfect for brewing one cup of coffee without the mess and the fuss. They use prepackaged coffee ‘pods’ that are essentially prepackaged grounds with a miniature filter. The pod fits into the machine. You just push a button so that hot water is filtered through the pod and in a few seconds, you get a fresh cup of Joe.

Source URL:


A Guide to Picking the Right Plug Adapter for Use

Like most seasoned travelers, you are probably well aware that many different sockets and plugs are used in different parts of the world. But which plug adapter should you use where? Bringing the right plug adapter can mean the difference between being able to plug your hair dryer or razor into the hotel’s socket, and sitting there frustrated.

Don’t worry – the International Electro technical Commission or IEC has standardized the list of plug and socket zones to make it easier to figure out what plug adapter you need to use in different countries. You can go to their website to see illustrations of various sockets and plugs available. In general, the following outlet types are used by the following countries:

•    A and B – Japan, Central America, Caribbean, South America, Taiwan
•    C, E and F – Europe, the Middle East, Israel, some African countries, some Asian countries
•    G – United Kingdom, Ireland, some African countries, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia
•    I – Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, China

Buying the right plug adapter is essential if you want to travel internationally and take personal items that run on electricity. You will only need to an adapter plug in most cases, but depending on where you are going, you might also need to bring a voltage converter or transformer.

The world runs on either 110/125V or 220/240V. If your device or appliance is meant for the North American market, then it probably runs on 110/125V electricity. Sadly, the majority of the world uses 220/240V. You, therefore, need transformers and converters (aside from plug adapters) to convert the electricity voltage to match your device’s voltage.

Read the label on your appliance or device to determine if a transformer or voltage converter is necessary. The ‘input’ line contains is where you should be looking at. It contains key information indicating if the voltage is single, dual or multi. Single-voltage devices have small voltage ranges (100–120V) and won’t accommodate a 220V power supply. Dual-voltage devices (120V/240V) do not require a transformer or converter because they can run on both voltages. Multi-voltage devices (most commonly laptops, smartphones, cameras, and the like) do not require a converter or transformer, either.

Source URL: