The window air conditioner is the most basic and affordable cooling system, making them one of the best types of air conditioning systems for homes and small offices. The name has been derived from the way this air-conditioner is installed, i.e. through a window-like opening through a wall or directly through the window, with the vent and controls indoors, and the rear part outside. Lightweight 220-volt window air conditioners come in different levels of BTUs, so you should be able to find one that can efficiently cool your room. Here are more advantages of this kind of air conditioning unit:
• Affordable – One of the most obvious benefits of a 220-volt window air conditioning is the low cost. It should be fairly inexpensive to buy and operate, but be sure to take note of the brand, features, and the BTU capacity. Some window air conditioners from certain brands with advanced features may cost higher than basic units, but they can be cost-effective to operate in the long run. To make sure that the AC is truly low cost to run, make sure that its BTU and size are enough for the size of your room. Frigidaire and LG are some of the brands that are constantly receiving positive reviews when it comes to energy efficiency and cost-effective operation.
• Easy to install – With a 220-volt window air conditioner, you do not have to worry about installing pipes and setting up separate controls for it. Installation is straightforward for most brands and models of window air conditioners, as long as your window or the slot for the AC on your wall is big enough for them.
• Energy efficient – Many window air conditioners have high EER (energy efficiency ratio), which can help you understand how much energy they need to run and keep your room cool. They are Energy-Start certified, too.
• It will not get in your way – A 220-volt window air conditioner is designed to fit in a window, so it will not take up any floor space.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/advantages-of-lightweight-220-volt-window-air-conditioner/
If you are planning to buy 220-volt home appliances, you will be glad to know that there are specialty online stores that sell them—and usually at discounted prices. These online electronics shops let you choose from a wide range of options in the comforts of your own home. However, to get the best value, be sure that you are buying from a reliable store and that you research about the appliance prior to purchase. A low-quality appliance will only waste your money and time and may even put your house at risk of a fire.
There are a number of considerations you need to make before buying a 220-volt appliance. First, you must determine if you can indeed use that appliance in the country where you are going. What is the electrical operating voltage of your destination? It helps to consult an online list of socket, plug, and voltage per country. Many parts of South America, Europe, and Asia use 220 volt appliances.
Next, you should be able to know the appliances’ features and specifications in order to make sure that they can indeed serve your requirements. Read the manuals that come along with the appliances in order to know the safety measures that they require. Check the warranty duration of the appliances and know the terms and conditions that apply. Be sure to read the accompanying instructions so that you can operate the appliances smoothly and safely.
When in the market for 220 volt appliances, it would be best to go straight to recognized stores which will be able to offer you high quality brands. There are online retailers that are dedicated to selling 220 volt appliances at the best prices—certainly lower than the prices set by big-box stores. Choose an online shop that would be able to give you the best value for your money.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/a-brief-guide-on-220-volt-home-appliances/
No other cooling system may beat air conditioners, but if you want to reduce your electricity bills, you may want to consider turning off the AC from time to time and use electric fans. The ceiling fan can be a great addition to your home if you need a supplemental source for cool air indoors. Ceiling fans come in different designs, too, so they can serve as additional decorative elements to any room. If you are concerned about how efficient they are in cooling you off, certain actions should help ensure their reliability and efficiency for you. Here are few tips that can help you save energy when using your ceiling fan and make sure that it can cool your room more efficiently:
• Adjust its direction to let the air blow and circulate more efficiently – Many ceiling fans can be adjusted to go clockwise or counterclockwise. In the summer, set it to rotate counterclockwise to make the air blow downward. Run it on high to create air movement in the heart of the room where you can feel most of the breeze to cool your skin. In winter, make it run clockwise to let warm air circulate in the room.
• Use it to distribute your AC system’s air more evenly – Raise the thermostat by a few numbers to lower energy consumption and let the ceiling fan do the rest. The fan will make the cool air circulate better while creating a breeze effect that can make the room feel cooler.
• Buying a ceiling fan? Check the blade angle – A blade angle that is less than 12 degrees is inefficient. You want the blades to push the air upward or downward, but if they are almost flat, they will be not be able to do that well, and they will only be as good as the wings of an airplane—cutting through air without pushing it. Hence, make sure the blades have at least a 12 to 14-degree angle. For general use, look for a ceiling fan with blades angled at 14 degrees or higher.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/a-brief-guide-about-ceiling-fan-tips-for-more-efficiency/