A 220-volt heater might be just what you need to make your home cozier and warmer in the winter. It’s best to buy a heater before the temperatures drop down too low for your comfort. Not quite sure what type of 220-volt heater to choose?
Here are some of the things you need to know about each type, so you can make an informed decision:
1. Ceramic space heaters usually cost less than electrical or oil/gas house heating systems and also have room by room control options. They are mainly radiant heaters, but some models also come with fans to circulate the heated air into the room.
2. Oil-filled space heaters are very lightweight. There are wheel mounted models that are easily portable. They come permanently filled with oil that gets heated by electricity. This type of 220-volt heater is technically more efficient than other types.
3. Wall mounted 220-volt heaters have to be permanently attached to the wall. They are usually ideal for guestrooms that are only used occasionally. These heaters can be either radiant, convection, or a combination of both types.
4. An infrared space heater can give out heat to a small area around it by radiation. These types of 220-volt heaters use glowing quartz or other metallic elements and reflectors for quick heat generation. If you are looking to heat large spaces, this may not be the best choice.
5. 220-volt vortex heaters use vortex action to circulate heated in a room. This way, the heated air spreads uniformly.
6. Oscillating heaters are designed to reflect radiant heat. Oscillation is advantageous in the sense that it does not blow dust and just spreads warmth.
The right 220-volt heater is powerful enough to warm the room or space that you want to use it in. Determine the size of the area and then find a heater that can most efficiently work in that type of square footage.
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/what-to-consider-when-buying-a-220-volt-heater/
Those winter nights will be cold no more when you welcome home a 220-volt heater. This handy appliance keeps your rooms warm and cozy even when the outside temperatures decide to go below freezing. A 220-volt heater is a must have household appliance if you are living in a cold country. If you just need to heat a single room or area and not the whole house, it may be wiser to use the 220-volt room or space heater instead of running the central heating system.
The environment friendly 220-volt heater is extremely useful and energy efficient. It keeps your electricity bills under control while giving you the luxury of warm temperatures. It can warm up a sizeable room with good insulation. Best of all, it is an economical option.
The thermostat residing within the 220-volt heater ensures balanced control of room temperature. It also gives 100 % efficient convection heating. A 220-volt heater without a blower fan (electric wired heaters) promotes good health as it does not circulate dust in the air. It is safe to use and is not dangerous for children, old people, as well as pets. Its installation is not complicated; in fact, it can be installed in a quick and easy way, without the aid of drilling equipment. The portable ones are easy to carry and can be transferred from one place to another whenever necessary.
The 220 volt heaters come with warranties, so your investment is protected. The adjustment features help you to set the desired room temperature. Some of them also have timers for economical purposes. Most others are just fitted with the low, medium and high modes of heat. Now, that you have understood all the features and advantages of the 220-volt heater, why not take the plunge and purchase it? It will help you stay warm in those harsh winters for sure!
Source URL: http://www.blog.samstores.com/220-volt-heater-useful-and-energy-efficient/