Top 3 Reasons to Own a Dual Voltage Travel Hair Dryer

If you are the kind of person who always likes to travel—or your work entails jet setting to different countries on a regular basis—then you need to be prepared all the time. A dual voltage travel hair dryer is one of the most useful tools you can have in your baggage. It is compact, sleek, and has two voltage inputs so you can use it anywhere. Here are the three reasons why you should get a dual voltage travel hair dryer.

It works in all countries

Don’t quite know where you’ll end up next? You can rely on a dual voltage travel hair dryer to work in any part of the world as long as there is electricity. Check out the Revlon RVDR 5012, which uses ionic technology to keep hair healthy.

You can stay anywhere and always have great looking hair

Some hotels don’t provide hair dryers—which can be a nightmare if your hair needs taming, or if it simply doesn’t look great when air dried. This is why it’s important to have your own dual voltage travel hair dryer. Just plug it into any electrical outlet in your room, and you’re on your way to a nice blowout. Need a suggestion? Try the Conair TS129 Folding Travel Hair Dryer, which is popular because of its compact design. It’s also lightweight and easy to bring with you wherever you go.

It is safer for your hair

Dual voltage hair dryers use the latest technology in hair care. For example, the Conair Ion 162R 110V-220V uses ionic technology for healthier and shinier locks. The cord retracts at a press of a button, making it easy to pack away. It also offers two heat settings. This midsize travel dryer is popular with frequent travelers.

Resource URL –


A Guide to Picking the Right Plug Adapter for Use

Like most seasoned travelers, you are probably well aware that many different sockets and plugs are used in different parts of the world. But which plug adapter should you use where? Bringing the right plug adapter can mean the difference between being able to plug your hair dryer or razor into the hotel’s socket, and sitting there frustrated.

Don’t worry – the International Electro technical Commission or IEC has standardized the list of plug and socket zones to make it easier to figure out what plug adapter you need to use in different countries. You can go to their website to see illustrations of various sockets and plugs available. In general, the following outlet types are used by the following countries:

•    A and B – Japan, Central America, Caribbean, South America, Taiwan
•    C, E and F – Europe, the Middle East, Israel, some African countries, some Asian countries
•    G – United Kingdom, Ireland, some African countries, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia
•    I – Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, China

Buying the right plug adapter is essential if you want to travel internationally and take personal items that run on electricity. You will only need to an adapter plug in most cases, but depending on where you are going, you might also need to bring a voltage converter or transformer.

The world runs on either 110/125V or 220/240V. If your device or appliance is meant for the North American market, then it probably runs on 110/125V electricity. Sadly, the majority of the world uses 220/240V. You, therefore, need transformers and converters (aside from plug adapters) to convert the electricity voltage to match your device’s voltage.

Read the label on your appliance or device to determine if a transformer or voltage converter is necessary. The ‘input’ line contains is where you should be looking at. It contains key information indicating if the voltage is single, dual or multi. Single-voltage devices have small voltage ranges (100–120V) and won’t accommodate a 220V power supply. Dual-voltage devices (120V/240V) do not require a transformer or converter because they can run on both voltages. Multi-voltage devices (most commonly laptops, smartphones, cameras, and the like) do not require a converter or transformer, either.

Source URL: